Background Checks

Click here to begin the background check paperwork

Background Check Information

The cost of the background check is $13 and can be paid via credit card on the website during the process. Please note, you will be asked to input your current address and previous addresses. However, you do not have to input all of your previous addresses. The most recent two will be sufficient.

This background check will be valid for one year (12 months).

To all coaches and volunteers that will be going through Mansfield's required background check process: we understand how important your privacy is which is why every effort has been made to protect your vital information. No one on the Township Committee, no township employee and no one within the general public will have access to your background check reports except Mansfield's Chief of Police.

The Chief of Police will view the reports to determine who passed and who failed. The only information conveyed to the Recreation Committee will be exactly that - who passed and who failed the background check.

Those individuals who failed will be notified and will be unable to participate as a coach/volunteer in Mansfield's recreation programs. If you did not pass the background check you can initiate the Dispute Process as outlined below.

Dispute Process
 What is a dispute?
A dispute is any challenge or claim that information on the completed background check report is inaccurate 
or incomplete. The disputed item can pertain to criminal searches or verification results. 
 How do I dispute an item on my background check report? 
You have three ways to request investigation of information on your background check report: 
o Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 800-319-5582 
o Email: By emailing your request to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  
o Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to: 
Protect Youth Sports 
Compliance Department 
14499 N. Dale Mabry Hwy, Suite 201 South 
Tampa, FL 33618 
Please include the following information with your dispute request: 
o Full name 
o Social Security Number (do not provide if sending via email) 
o Daytime phone number 
o Copy of driver license or photo ID (please enlarge and ensure copy is clear and legible) 
o Secondary form of ID 
o Report ID (if available) 
o Describe the specific incorrect information and the nature of your dispute 
o Documents to support your dispute (if available) 
o Your signature 
 How do I check on my investigation request? 
You may contact our Client Services Team at 800-319-5582, Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time to check on the status of your dispute. At the end of the investigation process, a representative from our organization will contact you regarding the results of your dispute. 
 How do I notify my potential employer of my dispute? 
Protect Youth Sports will notify your potential employer (the company who requested your background check) that you have initiated a dispute regarding information on your background check report. You may also contact them directly to make them aware of your dispute. 
 How does the dispute process work? 
Protect Youth Sports will investigate all the items in question by contacting the source of the disputed information. The investigation process is usually concluded within 30 days from the date we received your dispute. When this process is complete, Protect Youth Sports will notify you and the company who requested the background check of the investigation results. 
 Who do you contact to process my dispute? 
Protect Youth Sports will contact the source of the disputed information. For example, we will contact the 
appropriate court if your dispute pertains to criminal search results; and we will contact your past employer 
if your dispute pertains to employment verification results. 
 What if I submit more than one dispute at the same time? 
We will investigate all of the items in question during the same time period. At the end of the investigation, 
you and your potential employer will be notified of the results. 
 Can someone else file a dispute on my behalf? 
We strongly recommend that you file your own dispute. However, your attorney or potential employer may, 
with your authorization, file a dispute on your behalf. We will contact you directly if additional information is 
needed to initiate the investigation. If your dispute is submitted by your attorney, we will need you to 
provide us with a letter stating that you authorize us to discuss your dispute with your attorney. 
 What if I have never lived at an address found and reported, or the duration is incorrect? 
The Address History search gathers information from an address locator database called Tracers Information 
Specialists. This database obtains information from a multitude of venues such as credit bureaus, public 
records (real property) and moving records from mailing houses. Due to the large number of contributing 
sources, mistaken addresses and incorrect durations can happen. It is recommended you contact the 
Tracers Information Specialists directly at 877-723-2689 ext 2249 to inquire about the mistaken